Director of Development
Are you an independent thinker who values collaboration and inclusivity, knows how to solve problems, build relationships and implement solutions? Do you have a proven track record in soliciting, cultivating, and closing major gifts and planned gifts? If so, then you might be a great fit for the Director of Development at Junior Achievement of Greater Fairfield County.
About the Organization:
Junior Achievement (JA) is dedicated to inspiring and preparing young people with the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in a global economy. Our vision at Junior Achievement of Greater Fairfield County (JAGFC) is to ensure that every young person in greater Fairfield County is sufficiently prepared to pursue their career of choice and manage their personal finances. As a solution provider, JAGFC works with local youth and community members throughout Greater Fairfield County to achieve greater social and economic equity and to help close the opportunity gap. JA’s – programs focus on three pathways: financial literacy, work and career readiness, and entrepreneurship. Through relevant and innovative learning experiences taught by volunteer role models, we provide the linkage from education to workforce, encouraging economic mobility.
Benefits: We support our employees’ professional development through training and opportunities and increased responsibilities. Additionally, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- An attractive annual salary starting at $100,000+
- Hybrid work schedule of 2 days in the office
- Medical, Dental and Vision health plans
- Short and Long Term Disability insurance
- 401k with match
- Approximately 4 weeks of Paid time off plus 10 paid Holidays
JAGFC values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
JAGFC is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment, hiring, promotions, and other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment shall be maintained in a manner which does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or military status, or in violation of any applicable Federal, state or local laws.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with President and Board of Directors to create and implement the Strategic Plan, organizational goals, and performance measurements for all fundraising programs including Major and Planned Giving, Direct Mail, Special Events, Corporate and Foundation Giving.
- Grows and develops strategic fundraising programs; manages and cultivates a portfolio of high-capacity individual, corporate, and foundation relationships to achieve annual revenue goals.
- Leads, manages, and directs the work of high-performing fundraising staff, oversees all development communications including case for support, fundraising initiatives and campaign materials. Partners with Education staff to identify new sources of financial and volunteer support and new opportunities to engage prospects and donors.
- Other related duties as assigned by the President.
Qualifications or Skills/Experience:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of successful major gift fundraising; proven ability to construct and manage a comprehensive development operation
- Proven experience in a leadership role managing and mentoring teams.
- Excellent relationship-building and a customer service orientation that leads to sustainable and mutually beneficial partnerships
- Energy and optimism and a commitment to JA’s mission
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite; application and use of customer relations database (CRM) systems (BCRM, QGive, First Giving)
- CFRE or comparable experience
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation; willingness to travel within the organization’s territory
Please direct all questions and resumes for the posting above to Valerie Cinkovic.